Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursday Book Review - Beleiving God...Again

In addition to reading Believing God by Beth Moore, I recently began the Believing God: Experiencing a Fresh Explosion of Faith Member Book. The two together have been an amazing experience. I enjoyed the hard cover book immensely and learned valuable lessons on faith and faithfulness.  The Member Book, however, really takes the learning to the next level!

There are two primary reasons I like the Member Book. First, there is an intense emphasis on dissecting scripture. Not just the meanings of words, but also there original meanings in the Hebrew language and comparable uses throughout the Bible. This is instructive because it helps put a lot of the scripture in context and highlights interesting similarities. Second, is the time for reflection. The study provides an opportunity to reflect on scriptures, biblical concepts, and evidence of God's work in your life. This morning during a lesson on the faithfulness of Abraham (Hebrews 11:8-10), I had an "aha moment" that brought clarity to a long struggle of mine. I can't say it was the first time I ever heard this information, but it really moved me and gave me a sense of peace.

This is one of my first real Bible studies and I have to say I'm hooked. What a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment