Monday, May 5, 2014

#ChildrenoftheDay by Beth Moore

As part of my effort to mature as Christian, I've spent quite a bit of time really digging in to the Bible.  I did this initially by faithfully reading Journey, a daily devotional magazine.  I've since broadened my horizons and recently began reading books by authors like Priscilla Shirer and Beth Moore.  Several of the books I read were life changing. 

I'm happy to give a brief introduction to another great one, Children of the Day by Beth Moore.  It is an intense study of 1 and 2 Thessalonians.  I'm only half way through the book, but it's already had a profound impact.  Several times I was moved to tears reading about Paul's love for the Thessalonians and his commitment to spreading the gospel.  Like many of Paul's letters, 1 and 2 Thessalonians covers a lot of issues that are so relevant to our struggles today, like promoting sexual morality, hard work and humility.  Pretty deep stuff!

I'm honored to play a small role in spreading the word about this great study.  Here is a funny time lapse of the video shoot for it: http://youtu.be/VCifpBYWWLE.  Hopefully, I'll be able to share more in the coming days and weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment