Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fulfilling Commitments

My friends often joke that I am all over the place. I'm blogging, volunteering on a farm, trying to run for office, starting an animal science club, serving coffee at church and a host of other tihings.  My son even makes fun of "me and my commitments." Usually a few weeks or months in I take a step back and wonder why am I doing this?  I'll blog and no one reads my post.  Or receive a mountain of paperwork to fill out and wonder how can I do all this?  But what are we supposed to do if we feel genuinely called to pursue these initiatives?  Today's Journey Magazine, says we push forward on faith and ask God for the grace and strength to follow through.  I also make an affirmative effort not to think too far down the road.  Today, I don't have to worry about how a bunch of city kids are going to raise and show an animal at a county fair.  Or how I'm even going to find the kids to do it.  Today, all I have to do is fill out these forms and take the next right step.  Baby steps.  When I give up the worry and anxiety and cast my cares on Him (1 Peter 5:7) almost like clockwork my efforts will bear fruit.  I'll get that call or e-mail that will let me know I'm on the right path.  Be anxious for nothing (Philippians 4:6), my friends.  Pursue those passions...one step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment