Friday, January 23, 2015

The Sweetness of the Early Hours

I love the early mornings.  And I mean really early.  I am usually up between 4:00 and 5:00 a.m., although I am drifting in and out of sleep.  These days the lyrics of Francesca Battistelli's When the Crazy Kicks In are running through my mind when I am trying to wake up.  "Come meet me in this moment, before it all begins, these plates start to spin, the crazy kicks in..."  More often than not, it is really hard to accept that invitation.  

In The Power of Positive Praying, John Bisagno outlines how Jesus prayed.  He noted specifically how Jesus prayed in the morning.  

“'And  in  the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed' (Mark 1:35 kjv).

'Those  that  seek  me  early  shall  find  me.' (Prov.  8:17  kjv)

Following His example, you will find the sweetness of the early hours to be the best. When He is first in your day, you will be first in His. Jesus was our model and teacher in prayer. By His life and His lips our Lord’s constant fellowship with the Father pointed to the necessity of ours. If He must pray, how much more must we, and that with all our hearts.

Jesus didn’t pray merely as an example to us. For thirty- three years, He lived as a man, tempted in all points like as are we. He prayed because He had to pray. He prayed because He must. If the Son of God prioritized prayer, how much more must we? And His prayers were answered as will be ours, if like Him we pray in His will, in His Word, and in faith.

For that’s the power of positive praying."

I think it is time to start accepting that morning invitation!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment