Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ready for Fall!

September 23, 2014 marks the first day of fall.  Spring and fall are my absolute favorite times of year.  They are so colorful and, depending on where you live, the temperatures are perfect for spending time outside doing whatever you like most. I personally love going to the farmer's market and seeing all of the fall produce - apples, pumpkins and my favorite winter squashes.

In my opinion, children today don't have the same appreciation for nature.  We see it in many aspects of life.  Electronic devices have taken over the love of just playing outside.  Shopping at grocery stores is the only real connection many have to where their food comes from.  Most of the food is processed or packaged and looks nothing like it did when it came from the ground.  To me, part of my growth as a Christian is linked to my connection with nature and the pure awe that God created all of the beauty around us. 

The Fantastic Gifts of FallThe Fantastic Gifts of Fall is the first book of a new seasonal four-book series by Dandi Daley Mackall that emphasizes the natural beauty around us.  The series uses playful rhymes and scripture to give thanks to God for creating autumn.  The Fantastic Gifts of Fall highlights the leaves turning color, pumpkin season, and celebrating family and gratitude at Thanksgiving.  It is so important to start these messages while children are young so as they get older they can maintain their appreciation for His creation.  I'm looking forward to the next book The Wonderful Gifts of Winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment